One of the questions I hear most from my friends and other Disney-lovers is why should we stay in a vacation rental like Adventureland Villa instead of on Disney property. And this is a great question. One I struggle myself depending on the trip and I LOVE Adventureland Villa! So I thought today I would break down what are some of the pros and cons of staying at Adventureland Villa vs. Staying On Property. And I promise to try and stay as neutral as I can, but please know I recognize my bias. I hope this helps anyone out there struggling with the same decision!
Staying on Property
SO WHICH IS BETTER?
Well, it completely depends on the length of the trip, how many people are going and how is it that you want to spend your vacation. If you are on a short 4 day trip with just your family of 4 and want to spend as many waking hours in the parks as possible: Then stay on property. The perks they offer will help you get the most out of your short trip. But if you are looking at taking more than 4 people, want space to spread out and relax during your vacation, and want to save some money, too, then check out Adventureland Villa! We would love to have you stay here!
Does anyone else out there tear up on their final walk down Main Street? I know that when I hit that flag pole, I turn around for one last look at the castle and to say good bye to the happiest place on earth. The pure sense of melancholy that sets in on the day I depart Disney World usually lasts a week or more. When a place as special as Walt Disney World touches you, you will inevitably suffer from what I have termed, "Disney Depression." (DISCLAIMER: If you or someone you love is suffering from actual depression, please seek help from a doctor.)
So, how do you get over your "Disney Depression"? I have found in my years of Disney obsession, there are three ways to help stop the suffering:
1. Incorporate Disney Into Your Everyday Life
There are many people out there who live and breath Disney all day, every day. Their rooms are Disney-fied, they only watch Disney movies, and frequently are "Disney bounding" to work. Those people are awesome! But you don't need to go all out for the full on Disneyfication of your life, but merely incorporat a few Disney touches. Here are my favorites!
2. Watch a Disney Movie
3. BOOK YOUR NEXT TRIP!
If you have tried #1 and #2 and still are suffering from Disney Depression, then the fail-proof way to get over it is to channel it into excitement! Book that next trip! Whether it is with us at Adventureland Villa or to stay on property at Walt Disney World, you can quickly overcome the sadness by looking forward to the new experiences you are going to have or the new restaurants you are going to try or maybe its looking forward to revisiting your old favorites. If you have a future trip in mind, your Disney Depression will be a thing of the past!
And Just for Fun, Here's an Info graph!
Here's my quick five for the week!
What to wear to the Magic Kingdom for a summer day!
1. T-shirt or Tank Top. Its hot. I highly recommend a lightweight, cotton tee! And there are so many cute disney options out there, so I always try to have a bit of fun with mine.
2. Shorts. Just comfortable shorts.
3. Hat and Sunglasses - With the summer sun beating down on your, make sure you have your sunglasses and a way to shield your face. You will be thankful for that sunburn you didn't get because of your hat.
4. Jewelry - Ok so I usually am a NO JEWELRY person at Disney. I don't like it getting sweaty and sunscreeny. That said, there are now so many cute Disney options for women that how can you not get in on the Disney fun?
5. COMFORTABLE SHOES. There was a whole Modern Family episode about this one! Don't wear the stilettos or clogs. Wear something that is supportive and will allow your feet to breathe. I love the sketcher go walks, but a good worn-in sneaker will do!
Tara is a Disney-obsessed Mom of two active boys!