I long for the days of Disney World when you would happen upon a character and grab the signature and photo without a prearranged spot it or it being announced on the Disney app. Well apparently, I am not alone! Disney has been making the random photo ops a thing again! They are also using rare characters as a huge draw to special events such as the Not So Scary Halloween Party. So to date, here are my favorite "rare" Disney characters and where we found them!
1. Captain Hook and Smee - While these two can be seen everyday in the parades, getting a photo of them can now only happen on the Pirates and Pals Voyage, which by the way is amazing. Tip: Ask to sit on the left side of the boat!
2. The Seven Drawfs - They too can be seen during the parades, but to get a photo with them, look for the long lines ahead of the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
3. Lotso - This guy is only ever seen as part of the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Watch out! He likes to hug!
4. Boo - Good luck getting a photo with Boo. I tried for 30 minutes! But she is a dancing character that would just not stop!
5. Br'er Fox - and Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear have begun making impromptu appearances near the exit of the Animal Kingdom. They are unannounced and unplanned - Just like when we were kids! Thrill of my day right there!
Tara is a Disney-obsessed Mom of two active boys!